Kate Ditloff | Rise Above Plastics Coordinator
- Hometown: Born in Greenville, SC, lived all over the country including Puerto Rico, and I’ve been calling Charleston home for the past 10 years.
- Motivation to join Surfrider: Because I experienced first-hand how badly so many people treat our planet and I care deeply about protecting the ocean and wanted to do my part in being part of the change to better our planet.
- Day Job: I work in Public Relations in the Outdoor Industry.
- Hobbies: Surfing, traveling to awesome new surf spots around the world, camping, running, spending time with my boyfriend and our dogs, and going to see awesome live music.
- Favorite thing about the Lowcountry: I love the spring and fall in the lowcountry, when tourism starts to die down and there is a fresh crisp in the air. There’s nothing better than taking a walk on the beach or going for a boat ride through our tidal creeks at the golden hour on those days with a cold beverage in hand (in a reusable cup of course!).