Kaitlyn Hackathorn | Outreach Coordinator
- Hometown: I was born in Charleston, WV but raised here in Charleston, SC! I attended Mt Pleasant Academy, Moultrie Middle, Academic Magnet, and then Clemson University!
- Motivation to join Surfrider: I wanted to be part of an organization that gave back to the community that I love so much, but in Surfrider I found so much more than that. I found a way to bring community members together around a common love for the ocean and to spread much-needed knowledge about the state of our local environment. I found the passion of my fellow Surfrider members to be contagious and every way that I have contributed to this organization has left me rewarded and a better eco-warrior!
- Day Job: I am a marketer who likes to use my powers to educate my community on issues such as the environment.
- Hobbies: Reading, all things animals, appreciating shells, and everything Surfrider!
- Favorite thing about the Lowcountry: All the ways the beauty of Charleston’s environment permeates my everyday life: Walking my dog along the beach, seeing amazing animals offshore with my family, driving beneath the branches of oak trees, watching the sunset over the harbor…. Did you really expect me to choose just one?