Heather Walbright | Ocean Friendly Gardens Coordinator
- Hometown: Worthington, OH
- Motivation to join Surfrider: I discovered Surfrider Foundation about 10 years ago, and have been a supporter of the mission ever since. I used to work in sustainability and haven’t lost my desire to help protect what we love/what we need (our world/our home). In 2020, I started doing more volunteerism and really enjoying it, providing extra motivation to get more involved. I like how Surfrider has the strength of many, with Chapters all over the world, meanwhile so much of the work is rooted in local action.
- Day Job: I provide training for people working overseas.
- Hobbies: Gardening, cooking, quilting, upcycling crafts, surfing, yoga, climbing, playing water polo… so I guess in sum – creating things and enjoying the outdoors!
- Favorite thing about the Lowcountry: The waterways that are so full of life, beauty… and yes, plastic (we’re working on it); as well as the sense of pride evident via the support of all things local.