Catherine Christensen | Beach Sweep Coordinator
- Hometown: Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
- Motivation to join Surfrider: Joined the Surfrider Chapter to meet people who share the same interests and to get involved in something that will help make a positive impact on the environment, our oceans, and to inspire others to be proactive in their community. I began volunteering in late July 2018 and started Beach Sweep position in September 2018.
- Day Job: I work in the F & B industry at Tattooed Moose serving/hosting and Zoe’s Kitchen as a Shift Leader.
- Hobbies: My hobbies when not working include staying active by playing
volleyball, kayaking, and scuba diving. I’m a volunteer diver at the
SC Aquarium and enjoy photography along with traveling and spending
time with friends and family.
- Favorite thing about the Lowcountry: I love the lowcountry and all of the opportunities there are to get out and try new things, experience places you haven’t been, meet people and of course having many different beaches to relax on like Isle of Palms, and Folly.